Airlines that need new liveries

Last week Aer Lingus unveiled their new livery. Whilst there old livery was never really hated, it was starting to show its age and needed replacing.
 However I am personally not a fan of the new livery, as I personally feel that the current Aer Lingus brand had so much potential and it feels like they could have produced a new unique, modern and eye catching livery. However I think that there are some more airlines that need a brand refresh. I have seen all these aircraft myself before, so this list may not contain all airlines that really need new liveries.

Royal Jordanian 787

Royal Jordanian


Personally I feel that this livery looks really really dated now. The black design that Royal Jordanian now use does not look any where near as sleek as other aircraft painted in black look such as the New Zealand aircraft. In addition I also feel that the gold line painted down the aircraft looks slightly tacky and does not reflect the brand image that I feel Royal Jordanian want to put out. Finally the crown logo on the tail is honestly way way too small to show any real effect. I feel that if Royal Jordanian were to re brand with their colour scheme however they would be able to create one of the sleekest liveries flying, however in its current form the aircraft just don't really look too great. 

Jet 2 737


Jet 2


For me personally the current Jet2 livery just seems a little bit dull. Whilst I am a fan of the large name on the front of the aircraft, that's about it. For me the grey background just doesn't cut it anymore and I also just don't see the shade of red as standing out quite enough either. The Jet2 holidays livery I would say is a slight improvement, however I would say this too shows its age slightly. I would hope that Jet2 would be able to build upon their quite fun advertising campaign, and create a new fun livery that would reflect the holiday experience that they hope to take you to before you even board the plane. 

China Eastern A321


China Eastern


I'm not that sure really that the China Eastern livery is really that much of a livery. The bland font carrying the airline's name at the front of the aircraft can be called practical at the best, but is just uninspiring. Additionally the logo on the tail fin is also just a bit uninspiring and will be as quickly forgotten as it is seen. In order to improve this livery I would like to see them at least add some further colour to their planes, using some colour to back their tail logo onto whilst also further expanding the colour down the plane. Additionally their name really needs to be enlarged, and also using a font that is slightly more appealing to the eye.

Japan Airlines 787


Japan Airlines 


Like China eastern previously the problem that I have with Japan Airline's livery is just that it is uninspiring and dull. Whilst the name is a bit more eye-catching, it is still simply black backed onto white, whilst the tail logo, whilst nice on its own, does not really suit being placed on a tail fin of a plane that well. To improve this livery I would love to see Japan Airlines maybe used a more stylised version of the bird on their logo expand down the whole of the tail making a design that would really stand out. 

Jetstar Asia A320


Jetstar


Whilst the Jetstar colour scheme is not the worst they could have done. I personally find that seeing it in person, it doesn't really transfer that well across onto an aircraft, with the grey colour almost looking dirty rather than the sleek design it would offer on the ground. I personally am also not a fan of the star design that they have, although that might just affect me personally. To improve this livery I would like to see them try and incorporate more of the orange colour onto the body of the aircraft, giving an aircraft design that would look more bright and colourful. 


Are there any other airlines that you think I should add to this list, if so comment them bellow. Also check back next week where I list out some of the airline liveries that I love. 



Comments